Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ode to Plumbing

Twas Christmas Eve Eve
And all through my house
was the smell of fresh sewer
that would kill a small mouse

A few hours ago it smelled of freshly baked bread
and thoughts of Christmas Eve dinner were filling my head

Then "oh honey, look here, oh no, what is the matter?"
It seems a clogged kitchen sink is causing quite a clatter.

"Don't worry my dear, I've got a concoction for this
don't mind the skull and cross bones, it will do the trick!
Hmmm, well that didn't work let me remove a few pipes,
jam this thing down the drain and see what happens next.

Whoops sorry honey - I knocked the pipe out of the wall
Quick grab the towels so the concoction doesn't go down the hall
A splish and a splash and my wall is all brown
Whatever was put in the garbage disposal didn't go down
Instead it's all over my wall and my floor
and now Dave is trying to fix even more

Wish us some luck and send us some wishes
I need to be able to wash my Christmas dishes!

6 comments:

Alyson said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever read. Not the situation itself...that's not so funny. But I love your "cleverness" in putting your life in writing. Hope you get your plumbing fixed in time for Christmas!

Andrea said...

NO NO NO NO!

Bridges Family said...

Oh no! We have been there - so sorry it is happening on Christmas Eve. Wishing you a speedy pipe recovery!

Stephanie B.

Anonymous said...

You SOOO need to send your resume to Hallmark; you have such a talent!!

--Jodi

Alison Wonderland said...

So how'd that one turn out?

Qwendykay said...

Oh.. I feel for you. Been there.. except mine was toilets... NOT FUN. And... of course it happened on Christmas Eve.. which fell on a sunday... and it was the year we hosted 35 for Christmas Eve dinner.
After panic and tears... and too much grossness... we happily wrote out the check to the plumber to just make it all go away... even though it was triple overtime rate or something crazy like that.