Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And Ryan Turns Three...

December birthdays blow. Everyone knows it and there are a million reasons why. We had a small friend party at the Rec Center soft play room earlier in Dec., but had a "ree-oh" cake and ice cream on his actual birthday with the grandparents. Ryan loves everything "ree-oh" aka firetrucks (he can actually say firetruck now but everyone in the family continues his baby-talk version of using the sound instead of the name). He has not taken off his fireman boots that Santa brought except for to sleep at night. This is the awesome outfit he wore to the grocery store the night before his bday to shop for ice cream with me. I officially don't care if he wears pajamas all day long, everywhere we go. It makes him happy and I think he is adorable even if the rest of the world is saying in their head "What is she thinking taking him out of the house like that?" He held my hand all through the store - I love chubby little boy hands, YUM, I will be so sad when they don't hold my hands anymore.



4 comments:

Camie said...

Awwww...I love three year old little guys! And I hear you about December birthdays...it's like my mom said "you'll only do that once!"

Rob and Jewls said...

I agree about little hands...that is the sweetest picture of him holding your hand looking for birthday ice cream!

Natalie Black said...

January birthdays blow too, especially after 30...

Alison Wonderland said...

You're right, it's incredibly sad when they won't hold your hands anymore.