Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How Could I Forget

While I was giving you the December blow-by-blow, I completely forgot about the party of the year AKA Shawn's birthday celebration. Due to Thanksgiving and my NYC trip, we had to celebrate a little late this year, but I think the fondue fest was a big success. While good food is always great, the best part was definitely gathering with old and new friends, having uninterrupted conversation without kids, and talking late into the night with the hardiest partiers - you know who you are! I really meant to take photos and completely forgot, so you have to pretend. Here is my favorite place in my house, the kitchen. See the center island? Picture the oil and broth pots here, along with sirloin, chicken, shrimp, and six dipping sauces to choose from. Moving to the counter space to the right of the island, this is where the three cheese pots and dippers were located. Finally, the chocolate and caramel pots were on the table in the Florida room/area beyond that with cheesecake, brownies, rice krispie treats, marshmellows, pretzels, fresh pineapple, and strawberries. I love having enough space for the whole party to gather in the kitchen, since that is where people always end up hanging out anyway. And since you didn't see any photos of Shawn and I opening Christmas gifts, it's because we're giving each other the mortgage this year - what a great gift that gets to be given not just in December, but every month of the year! And Happy Birthday Shawn! I'm already looking forward to next year!

5 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

It was a blast! I love that you call know the term "Florida room!"

Camie said...

That's your kitchen??!! It's GORGEOUS! And you deserve it--the entertaining queen!! We're doing fondue for New Year's Eve tonight--a very festive kind of party!

Natalie Black said...

Oh Andrea, the more I see of your new home the more I love it! It is so beautiful! Happy Birthday to Shawn, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wendi said...

I am salivating just looking at your kitchen......maybe someday.....fodue party sounds awesome. We went to the melting pot and loved it!!

Cari said...

It was delish! Hope you make it a yearly event! You can always count on us being part of the hardy party-ers!