Monday, December 1, 2008

Many Thanks

Here's the post-Thanksgiving recap. We went to Arizona this Thanksgiving to spend time with my grandparents and family there. We had a very nice time together and yummy food cooked by grandma. Is there any meal better than a Thanksgiving meal? Honestly...is there?

The road trip wasn't too bad. Here are a few of the most popular phrases of the trip:

Emma: "Are we there yet?"
Jacob: "I see a train!" (lots of trains on that drive)
Jenny: "Um Honey, do you think you could not check your email while your driving next to the semi...in the rain. Thanks."
Dave: "I just love this new Guns and Roses album. It's so unlike anything they've done before. Listen to this song. Oh, and you have to hear this song...It's just like, so cool. I just love this new Guns and Roses album." (Jenny: snore, snore.)


Anyway, I know it's after Thanksgiving by I've been thinking of the many things I'm thankful for. Here are just a few:


My wonderful family, of course - children, husband extended family - somehow I lucked out.
Awesome, wonderful friends that I couldn't live without.
My hard working husband that provides me with the income to have fun fixing up my yard.
Warm flannel sheets.
A house I love coming home to after a vacation.
Sales and bargains. Seriously, I've gotten some good ones lately. Like 15 free bags of rubber mulch from the guy at home depot because he didn't want to load them back on the pallet.

No comments: