Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Words

I have some great pictures I want to post - Emma's first day of school, the house etc. But until I find my card reader - I can't upload them. Soon though, I promise! In the meantime here are some of the cute things my kids have said:

Emma: Today I finally finished her room except painting which is down the road a bit. I hung a canopy over her bed and when she walked in her room she exclaimed: "oh mother, it's so beautiful...I, I, I just don't know what to say". (yes she emphasized the stuttered I, I, I for effect) it was obviously a line right out of a movie - I'm not sure which princess she was copying but she used kind of a Snow White/Barbie accent. It was hilarious.

Jacob: After guzzling down the requested glass of milk he handed me back the cup and said "thanks mom, that was so refreshing".

Ben: His FAVORITE new word is the dreaded: "MINE, MINE, MINE"! I remember when Emma started saying this I was absolutely mortified that she learned this word so early on and seemed to use it frequently while playing with playmates. Now by the third child, (I shouldn't admit it) but I find it quite humorous when I'm pulling Ben away from the drawer of kitchen knives or taking the ballpoint pen out of his mouth that he starts yelling "mine! mine!" The benefit of being third child.

I am so amazed at how quickly Ben learns things! The other night Emma and I were saying her bedtime prayers and Ben was wandering around the room. After Emma finished her prayer we looked up and there was Ben standing there with his arms folded. It was sooo cute. I've never even taught him that - he's learned by watching us and now always folds his arms when we start to pray. He seems to do so much more than the other kids did at his age, simply because he is doing the same things they are doing at 5 and 3 - only he is 15 months old! He wants to be wherever they are at and doing whatever they are doing. He also says: please (mease, mease) thank you (tank tu), food (fu), drink (dwink) and lots of other cute little words. He can kick a soccer ball around like no other 15 month I've ever seen! It's so fun to watch him grow and learn. I love being a mom.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't picture Baby Ben doing any of those things! He was such a tiny little baby when you were our here house hunting last fall. I'm sad you didn't end up moving here, but it sure was fun to have you come visit a few times anyway!

Anonymous said...

I was just wishing I were there........missing you guys. It would be a great day for DL!

GrandmaH

Anonymous said...

Its fun to hear the funny things the kids do... and it makes me think of mine. Jaylianna told me a few days ago that tunaups will blow your socks off (turnips-because they are spicy) Our kids pick up so much it is amazing, Andrew did the same thing with folding his arms, and getting mad when he couldn't have a screwdriver to put in an outlet type of thing!