Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Down on the Farm

Five hours and two huge bags of kettle corn later, I loaded my filthy kids in the car and tried to decide whether or not it was worth waking them up for a bath as they sacked out on the way home. The first Monday of the Cox Farms Fall Festival is definitely our new tradition - it was so empty, it felt like we'd rented the whole place out for our private party! (If you know my husband, he will tell you all about my crowd-phobia I developed after becoming a SAHM - I admit it, I am a daytime snob when it comes to traffic and crowds). We had the best afternoon with lots of friends and acres of fun. You can tell from the photos who I hung out with all afternoon since Nick was running around with his buddies. Gavin did go on some slides with me and the hayride, but was very content to sit in his stroller with unlimited cider and apples to gnaw on.









5 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

great pictures! I totally loved having the place to ourselves, too! I love the one of ryan with blue hair!

Christina said...

Oh, I haven't seen a picture of Gavin in so long. He's a CUTIE!! And was that Nick I saw on one of the slides? Did you take him out of school for the day? Or did he have a day off? Does he love Kindergarten?

Andrea said...

wouldn't say that's the BEST photo of him with snot running down his face :) but he is a cutie and i wanted to remember his first trip to Cox. the schools have early release on mondays so nick's half day kindergarten lasts a whopping two hours from 10:20-12:20. We spent the entire afternoon/evening there, had dinner, and then drove home to bed!

Christina said...

HALF DAY!!! Is there still a state in the Union that does that? That's how it should be everywhere! Wonderful.

Jenny said...

We're half day in our district in California too. Others have gone to full day though.