Thursday, September 18, 2008

Redeeming Qualities

My Ryan probably gets the short end of the stick when it comes to praise on this blog, which largely mentions him as the instigator of all things troublesome and destructive. He really does have so many redeeming qualities, which is God's way of making sure his mother still loves him. I realized what a good kid he really is as I filled out paperwork for preschool, which had a list of words to choose ones that best described him. Of those words, I determined that Ryan is NOT unhappy, tempermental, possessive, belligerent, or a big tantrum thrower (I think big brother inherited all the tantrum genes Mom had to offer). The words I did circle included happy, inquisitive, easy-going, a good sharer ("good" does not equal "perfect"), and a great sleeper. Even though I've threatened to sell him on Craigslist, I really am so proud of Ryan and I love and appreciate the tender little heart underneath his rough-and-tumble zest for life.

5 comments:

Cari said...

Ahhhh.....I love little Ry-ry too!

Rob and Jewls said...

He seriously is one of my favorite little guys! And yes, Unhappy is not a word I would ever use to describe him. I am glad he is doing well in school, too. Oh, I am really loving the new blog look!

Lisa said...

I wish we were still out there. I would have circled the exact same words for Barrett. I'll bet they would be great little friends (and serious partners in crime!) I can't believe how big and adorable he's getting!

Christina said...

In Phx's pre-school information sheet it asked: "How will I tell you when I need to go to the bathroom?" I responded: "Ummm, I won't. Sorry. We're working on that."

Natalie C. said...

What was it this year with that weird word circling form? Who is going to start the year out allowing the teacher to give their kids a bunch of negative labels? There has to be a better get-to-know-you questionnaire than that!

I agree with those positive words for Ryan. What a sweet little guy.