Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ryan's Big Day

I had Ryan signed up at our preschool and then opted out of our spot at the last minute when we were in the moving process. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was a terrible decision that I regretted almost immediately. Pretty much every friend he has is in school this year so he was getting about zero socialization and I felt so bad for the kid. After calling the director to put him on the wait list last week, I prayed and prayed that a spot would open up and whala! The little boy who took his spot ended up not being ready for school and Ryan got to start today, only missing the first four days. He has asked me every day when he gets to go to school like Nick and his buddies, so when I told him the news he jumped up and down yelling "YEAH! School! Whoo-hoo!" and immediately grabbed his lunch box and packed himself a lunch of granola bars, peanut butter crackers, wheat thins and a juice box. He was thrilled to arrive at the Panda classroom where big brother started his school adventures a few years ago and had a great first day. Here is my little monkey on his way out the door:

He immediately turned around for the "backpack shot" he observed me taking of Nick on the first day of kindergarten:

But he couldn't quite get the concept of showing me his backpack AND turning his head toward the camera. Nick stepped in to show him the ropes.

Okay so he's almost got it...

Here he is with Mrs. Brown, who was also the assistant for Nick when he started preschool. Ryan is lucky to have her too!

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Cari said...

So cute! Why do I feel like I never get to see you or your kids anymore? I miss you guys!

Andrea said...

because you work 5 days a week sista, can't wait for you to get back on a regular old nurse sched instead of this management stuff!

Shellie said...

Your boys are so handsome!

Lea said...

Yeah for Ryan! I am so glad that you were able to get him in. What a big boy!

Ashley said...

ryan looks so cute! I love how his backpack is almost as big as he is

Natalie Black said...

Oh yay! He is so cute! Congrats on getting another one off to school; they are growing up so fast!