Monday, September 29, 2008

Why I didn't send Jacob to preschool this year...


In the car today:

"Mom, I'll still love you even when I'm all grown up".
"Thanks Buddy, I'll still love you too".
"Maybe I just won't grow up mom, I'll just stay little forever".
"I wish you could Jake but everybody has to grow up".
"Okay, well... I'll grow up but still live in your house mom".
"I would love that Jake, but you might want your own house someday"
"Okay mom, well...I'll just build one next to your house".
"That is a great idea son".

Now that this is in print...can I hold him to it one day?

He's such a sweet boy I wanted him at home with me one more year. Emma had two years of preschool and to tell you the truth I thought it was a waste. I think it was a great socializing outlet for Emma who NEEDS constant stimulation and activity, but she didn't learn anything more with two years of preschool than she would have with one. Jacob is so tender and easygoing, (thankfully he is past that stint of 3 year old naughtiness he had) that I just wanted him home one more year with me before he's thrown into the big ugly world. (okay a little bit of exaggeration there but you get my drift) . Am I crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nope, not crazy, wise....

The little ones grow up so fast. There are plenty of things to learn at home. I am sure he is loving his time with you at home too.
GrandmaH

Andrea said...

not crazy but i would be with ryan home all day!