Saturday, September 27, 2008

Road Trippin



I haven't posted any pictures lately with the move and all. The weekend before we moved I took a road trip with the kids to visit my grandparents in Arizona. I was a little stressed about going because I had so much to do still for the move, and it was a short trip, but we had such a great time!

They live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and it was so quiet and relaxing there. Living in a big metropolitan area, I forget how nice it is to go somewhere very slow paced and quiet. Growing up, I spent the summers at my grandparents house. My brothers and sisters thought I was crazy because it was "boring" there but I thought it was absolutely wonderful. It was so quiet ( I LOOOVE QUIET), there was no little brothers and sisters getting into my stuff, and of course, I was the center of attention. (something you don't often get in a family of 7 kids). Don't get me wrong, I love growing up in a big family and love it even more now that we are all grown. But having my summers all to myself was fabulous.

Anyway, when I went back this summer with the kids it reminded me how much I cherished those summers with my grandparents and what wonderful memor ies I have there. My life was in such a stressful state with the move and all that it was just the weekend away I need to catch my breath and relax a little bit. Here are some pics from our trip.

This first sequence I had to post all four pictures that led up to actually getting "the picture". My grandpa was taking the pictures and just kept snapping while I was trying to get everyone lined up. When I looked at the pictures I just laughed because it shows how difficult it is to get 3 kids to look at the camera at the same time! This was at a beautiful little lake where the kids had a great time throwing rocks in the water and wading.


Emma took a picture of my grandparents and I. She's quite the photographer these days.



















Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun....I like quiet too