Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Words


More funny musings said around our household.

Mom: Emma, what did you learn at school today?
Emma: I don't remember...I have one of those things over my eyes that makes you not remember? (think of recently given FHE lesson on the Plan of Salvation)
Mom: What do you mean?
Emma: You know, one of those things that makes you not remember.
Mom: You mean a veil?
Emma: Yeah, a veil, I can't remember what I learned at school today because I have a veil over my eyes. Sorry.

This morning as daddy brought Ben into mommy in bed:
Mom: Good Morning Benji...give mommy a kiss.
Benji: huh-uh (as he turns his cheek the other way)
Mom: what? what do you mean huh-uh...you give mommy a kiss! (laughing)
Benji: Guck, Guck! (translated yuck, yuck)
Mom: sniff sniff, cry,cry my baby already thinks kissing his mommy is yucky.

Benji-isms

Guck - yuck
huh-uh - his way of saying no an it sound just as snotty as a 16 year old would say it
mease, mease - please please - often said when he sees his siblings reaching for their bowls of Halloween candy
Maammy - mommy, it sounds really cute!

He repeats pretty much whatever he hears and some things come out pretty funny! He has become some kind of a daddy's boy! When he hears Dave come home he runs (sometimes tripping over his own feet) yelling Daddyyy, Dadddyyy! And when Dave is home he wants nothing to do with mom. In fact, a couple of Sunday's ago we were that family in church - you know THAT family. The one that disrupts Sacrament meeting with noisy kids and the up and down up and down routine. We finally stayed out of the meeting by the third time out the door. Anyway, Dave had to take Jacob out for misbehaving and as soon as Dave started walking down the aisle Ben started screaming and wouldn't stop until I took him out to see Dave. I handed him over and he would not come back to me for anything! If I tried to take him away from Dave he would scream. Most mornings you can find them in our big oversized shower at 6:00am taking a shower. I have to admit...although I'm sad my baby doesn't need me as much anymore, it's nice to share the work...I think Dave is really enjoying it too.

I don't have anything cute sayings from Jacob lately. He has been asking an awful lot of questions about babies lately and why we come to earth as babies. I'm a little afraid that the where-do babies-come-from question might be coming soon. One blessing about having c-sections...my answer has always been "the dr. cut my tummy open and took you out". That makes it easy. Ha ha. One day I know we'll have to have the real talk though. I'd rather be the one teaching my kids than someone else. Especially with the craziness out there today!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Andrew and Benji have so many things in common, it must be being the 3rd child! Sunday was the first one for a REALLY long time, that we were all in the hallway too... funny. Must of been in the air.