Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All in a day's work

Just in case you were wondering what kind of exciting life I lead, this is what I did today, and the four sets of sheets, towels, and rugs did not make the photo op. One day, I will miss the noise and messes my children make. I will not miss the laundry.

I also had the opportunity to unclog a toilet, scrub a set of poopy underwear, stop a bleeding nose, and run someone's eyes under water for 10 minutes after they sprayed air freshner in their own face. I am talented enough to drive all the way home from preschool on the highway with one hand on the wheel and the other holding a set of hands in my hand (sorry carpool moms!) since someone couldn't keep their hands to themselves. I am smart enough to not wallow in self-pity when a preschool teacher asked me if I am expecting (seriously? I don't exactly have abs of steel but 1) I don't look pregnant and 2) YOU NEVER ASK!). And now for the nightlife: putting eleven loads of laundry away and mopping my floors if I have any energy left. Somehow, I still love my life. Really. I mean, look at who I get to hang out with all day. He is CUUUUTE.

11 comments:

Lea said...

You are one busy mom! Just like you, I won't miss the laundry in the distant future. Love the picture of Gavin, the hat is darling on him! (The weather is definitely calling for it these days.)

Mary L. said...

He is very, very, cute and you are lucky to hang out with him all day! Mary L.

Rob and Jewls said...

all of that and you found time to blog about it! You rock! :) Gavin looks adorable in that outfit.

Shae said...

He IS cute!

Jenny said...

Are you getting used to cleaning a bigger house aka - 6 bathrooms? I'm still adjusting to it. Do you have any good tips for me?

Andrea said...

no tips - the whole house is never clean all at once. we only use three of the bathrooms - i keep the other doors SHUT!

Sarah said...

I'd do 11 loads of laundry if I'd get to have your house. Those windows are beautiful and I love that color yellow. Sounds like your boys keep you busy!

Natalie C. said...

I am so sorry that there were more frustrations that day than just the two you told me about (holding RyRy's hands & someone asking if you were pregnant-- so crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) One thing to be thankful for is that your coping mechanism seems to be to clean your house. Mine is to go on strike. Maybe that should actually be on your FAMILY'S gratitude list. What would they do without you??

Natalie Black said...

Andrea I love you and think you are amazing. I'm so glad we're friends - you are such a blessing and example to me! And yes, that is about the cutest little boy I have EVER seen!

Ashley said...

every time i ee a pic of gavin i think "this is the cutest picture ever" and this is no exception

tecwhitram said...

Ah but at least you can check laundry off your 'to do' list for the day! Well done!
p.s. you are hilarious--and you DEFINITELY don't look pregnant!