Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Baby

I can't believe how fast Benji is growing up. Tonight the older two kids were in bed, dad was out, and just Ben and I were hanging out playing. I was laying on the couch and he was standing next to me feeding me dessert out of the play dishes. He was laughing and talking (in his two word sentences) I just looked at him and thought "wow! where have the last 2 years gone?" I can't believe it.

Since he's the third child he's definitely gotten less of my time than the other two did. We were having a special little moment together and sadly I realized how few of those we have since the older two are always around. Of course he has the benefit of having siblings to play with so it's not like he's neglected, but we don't get a lot of one on one time together to play.

I looked at him and said "Benji, you are so grown up. Where is my baby? Where did my baby go?" He looked at me and said "Baby!" and crawled up on me, snuggled down and gave me a kiss as if he were saying "I'm right here mommy, I'm still your baby" Oh my, it just melted my heart. I had to blog this because I never want to forget it, it was such a sweet moment.

No comments: