Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You Learn Something New Every Day

1. My three-year old would actually have to drink an entire 4oz. bottle of children's tylenol for it to be toxic for a child of his weight, not just the 1/2 bottle he downed after I thought he was asleep last night. Thanks for a good night's sleep, Paul-in-Rochester-NY with Poison Control.

1a. If you have a VOIP phone service, Poison Control cannot accurately direct your phone call to your local office, which is how I got to hang out on the line with Paul-in-Rochester-NY at 12:30am. He kindly took down my information so that NEXT time, my call will be routed correctly. I hope I don't get to find out if it works.

2. I discovered tonight that DVR was invented specifically for watching the initial episodes of American Idol. Painful. So painful. I lost track how many times I fast forwarded through contestants just to hear the judges' feedback. I think it has been a long time since I have watched this early in a season. I repeat, PAINFUL!

2a. YES!! I finally understand why people have been hailing DVR as the greatest technology since the Internet!!! Even though I don't watch a ton of TV, it is my new best friend. Better than just having it is that it is free, thanks to the new fancy dancy home media server my husband and brother-in-law hooked a sista up with.

So there you go, can't say I didn't learn something new today!

6 comments:

Lea said...

Hey, I want free tv too! ;) Do they offer up their services for neighbors?

Bridges Family said...

Ughh! These little boys have such an amazing ability to give us gray hair ... or shall I say, keep our hairstylists employed? Glad to know all is well at your house!
PS - we are still on diet coke.

merathon said...

we already have dvr, but what the heck is a "home media server"?

D-dawg said...

very true about the dvr. I've been fast forwarding it a ton too and I'm so glad I can. Darling blog.

Rob and Jewls said...

Those are some funny lessons! That Ryan...some day you'll look back on these days and just laugh!

Brynn said...

Maybe I am just really mean, because I LOVE the beginning of American Idol when they are all horrible. William Hong anyone? I think the whole thing is hilarious!!!!! All right it's clear isn't... I am going to hell!