Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bye, bye




My dad just pulled out of the driveway in his big Ford truck and 5th wheel. Emma is laying in bed sobbing because she's going to miss him. That's my drama girl. I'll miss him too but I'm not quite sobbing. She asked me the other day if "queens and kings go the bathroom like the rest of us?" She followed that up with "I'm ready to meet Baracko Bama now mom" (she thinks his first name is Baracko).

We're always sad when Po-Po goes home. While he was here he fixed my leaky toilet and my dishwasher that was falling out every time I opened it. He also helped me lay some weed block in my planters surrounding the grass in the backyard and amended the soil so it was all nice for planting. Friday I'm having 1500 lbs of rock delivered to go there. Wish me luck! Too bad Po-Po won't be here anymore...he got out just in time. Luckily I've recruited my husband. We'll be doing lots-and-lots-o-hauling this weekend. Wish me luck. I'm so lucky and grateful to have a dad that a) knows how to do lots of stuff and b) is willing to teach me how to do it. He's a great dad. We'll miss you po-po.

My sister was here last weekend and we had lots of fun with cousins. My silly card reader won't work so I'm having technical difficulties getting my pics uploaded. I have some cute ones from the snow trip. Dang computers. I'll post them soon though. Right after I sweep the floor, do the dishes, finish the laundry, finish the yard...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I still read your blog. The thing about Facebook is you can put in a line and no more....
Facebook is like an online soap opera.


GH