Monday, January 5, 2009

UNO and the Power of God

I felt like my attempts at Family Home Evening tonight were a total failure as the kids wrestled and whined all the way through all 5 minutes of my lesson ("We don't like to hear you sing!" "When can we play UNO??"). Somehow Nick must have paid a little bit of attention because I later found him flipping through the Bible, trying to find the story about Jesus as a baby. "WHAT are you doing?!" I demanded, annoyed that after an hour and a half wind-down, FHE, several games and story-time, the kids had their lights on and clearly not going to sleep. Remember my husband left town for a week today, which started out with the baby screaming his head off from 4-6am.

"Oh." Nick says "I'm just trying to learn more about the gospel like you said. You know, about baptism and the power of God."

Okay.... Guess I'll let it slide this time. I need to give those kids a little more credit than I generally do.

2 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

Just when you think you aren't getting through to them...bam! What a cute story.

Jenny said...

ohhh, what night where you up from 4-6am because I might have been up with you! I guess with the time difference it wouldn't have been the same though...