Thursday, January 8, 2009

December Huh?

I can't believe December has come and gone and we're already a week into January. I keep freaking out that I haven't posted our December happenings but then I think - Is it totally narcissistic of me to think that people are actually interested in what I did in December? Like...who really cares? Then I remember that this blog is my journal so although I do enjoy having readers and reading others blogs, it's really a way to record my history for my kids. With that said...I should start with Jacob's birthday in the beginning of December.


Poor Jacob, not only is he the easy going "middle" child, he also got stuck with a birthday in December. Two things he can use against me when he grows up for why he had a troubled childhood. He really is such a good kid and so easy going that he does get overlooked much of the time with the drama his sister is continually spinning. Sometimes he tries to copy her drama tantrums. He'll storm down the hallway and stomp his foot and put his hand on his hip in the same manner she does and it looks so hilarious Dave and I just try not to laugh. Somehow a boy doing that just doesn't look the same as a girl. Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about Jacob so at least he'll know when he grows up how much I truly love him.

Jacob had a great 4th birthday party (although I've no pictures to show since I forgot to put a memory card in the camera, yet another thing he can use against me). He got a spiderman bike for his birthday which he LOVES and rides around everywhere, and it sure beats riding Emma's pink princess bike around. There are many things that make Jacob (he only goes by Jacob now - apparently he's outgrown nicknames) so endearing, but a few of the things I love best about him are his gentleness, kindness, and the way he always thinks of others first. I love watching him play with other kids because he always wants to make sure they are comfortable - have a snack, get a turn etc. It's especially humorous with little girls. Whenever Emma's friends come over Jacob always makes sure they are taken care of - it's really cute. He's really a little gentleman. He also loves to snuggle and always tells me he loves me. He really gives the best hugs ever - we like to call them squeezy hugs. He has the cutest little grin and he loves to think he's funny. He'll try to tell a joke by saying "knock, knock" who's there? "piano" and he'll just bust up laughing like he said the funniest thing ever. He is the funniest though when he doesn't even mean to be. He asks me some questions that are so out there I just crack up. I wish I could think of something he said lately but I'll have to remember those for another post.

Although the past few months he really has blossomed into a little boy, getting a little rambunctious and even rebellious at times, he is just a sweetheart and I'm so thankful for my mellow middle child who brings me peace in the world of chaos his brother and sister create! I don't know how he got smashed in the middle of two crazy kids but I'm sure it was meant to be - at least for my sanity. Happy birthday little buddy (I can call him that here even if he won't let me do it in person anymore...in his words "I'm just Jacob").

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Samuel did the same thing with being called Samuel, and not Sammy. One day he told me his old name was Sammy, and he didn't want to be called that anymore. Recently, Jaylianna has brought up the same thing :)