Thursday, April 30, 2009

DWTS Fort

One of my favorite traditions lately has been watching Monday night's DWTS with my older boys while Shawn is teaching on Tuesdays. Nick is mostly just excited to stay up past bedtime, but Ryan is just the biggest fan, commenting on all of the costumes, cheering for "Jueyanne", and giggling and asking for translations during Bruno's commentary. I didn't have a chance to watch the results show, so yesterday afternoon we built a TV fort, popped some popcorn, and snuggled together for oh, twenty minutes? or so until the moment was ruined by a destroyed fort, unwilling popcorn sharers, and a few kicks to someone's face. But for a few minutes, I had a kid in each arm and one on my lap and felt like the happiest mom in the world!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Alexa loves to stay up and watch with me too. She always says, one more dance Mom. I love hanging out with her and maybe we will add Dallin sometimes too, maybe...

Lea said...

I think Ryan and his passion for all things glittery is so funny. I am glad that Carson is not the only one! :)

Natalie Black said...

Nick looks like he's getting tall!

Shae said...

That's so fun! I remember Shawn would always make the greatest forts when we were kids...I just couldn't always convince him to let me in. It's smart you do it when he's gone..ha ha.

Remodelaholic said...

What an awesome mom! Thinking beyond the kicks and broken fort(which will be forgotten) those fun moments hanging out like that are just magical, and will not be forgotten!

p.s. Have a great trip to the beach! That sounds every bit as fun as a day out! And Happy Anniversary ( a little early!)

Cari said...

I want to come over for the next DWTS TV fort day!

Wendi said...

I am addicted to that show-since the first season!! Love it!!