Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back from the dead...literally

My Internet died last week and just got up and running today. The Internet is one of those things you don't realize how much you use it until you don't have it around. I couldn't look up phone numbers, park hours for Disneyland this week, and what the weather was going to be (record heat here people! 103 degrees in the middle of April) It was frustrating but at the same time I actually went 5 days without knowing a thing on Facebook and it didn't even bother me. Imagine that.

We had a great Easter up in Sacramento- photo blog soon to come. I felt better buying underwear in Target for the Easter baskets when the lady in front of me in line said "oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one that buys underwear for my kids Easter baskets". She had Dora, I had Transformers. I figure why not turn needs into presents. We're a little spoiled these days always getting our wants and forgetting how blessed we are to always have our needs met. I think the kids were as excited to get their new underwear as they were to eat their chocolate bunnies - almost...

We've been having a great week with my-best-friend- Jenni-from-Utah (inside joke) visiting with her family. We did Disney with them yesterday (they are doing 3 days) and tomorrow we're doing the beach. Also residing at Hotel Erard this week is my resident handyman/yard man - dad. He's a wealth of information when it comes to most things outdoors so he's helped me plant my garden this week - showing me how to make proper rows and mounds, what vegetables to plant next to what etc. Photos of garden to come soon as well. Of course I'm giving him a day off tomorrow to play golf with my husband. Oh yeah - I forgot to mention the biggest news of April:

TAX SEASON IS OVER! HOORAY!

We finally have a husband/daddy around again and it's already wonderful. Although he says he didn't miss the bossing around (me? bossy? I don't know what he's talking about?) he's glad to be home too.

Going to bed now. Got nothing done today because I was too buys checking up on 5 days of email and blogs. Lots to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Raena Johnson said...

missed you. glad you are back.