Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sibling Rivalry - Shadow Style.

Emma and Jacob are best friends and worst enemies - depending on the day. Actually depending on the hour. They have been driving me bananas lately with their arguing and fighting. The biggest weapon in their arsenal right now is the copy game. You know, when you copy whatever the other person says. They do it to each other all day but when the other person does it back it's not so funny anymore. So then the tatter telling starts! Another weapon of mass destruction at our house.

Well, Jacob brought this game to a whole new level yesterday. Emma was at school and Jacob was outside helping me plant flowers. The sun was shinning and Jacob noticed he could see his shadow. Then he moved, and his shadow moved. "Hey!" he said. "MOM! My shadow is doing what I do!" Then he flailed his arms and kicked a food. "Mom! Look at this! It's copying me!" He moved around a bit more and then "Mooooommm, my shadow is copying me!" (in that tatter tale voice).

I was so laughing when I explained to him why a shadow copies us. Ohhh sweet Jacob.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

That is so funny! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!