Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Have a Dream...

What better insight into a child's mind that to read their journal! I'm not talking about snooping here, Nick just brought home his kindergarten writing journals from the last few months and I was cracking up reading through them. My faves:

New Year's Resolution: "I will scratch my dad's back"

Next to a picture of a boy standing next to a bunch of coins: "I like money"

and, for Martin Luther King day, drum roll please....

"I have a dream that I can be home schoold"

WHAT? Where did that come from? I think you picked the wrong mom, buddy! I can't even think of where he got this idea from! We do have some good friends who home school but I didn't know he realized it.

As for Ryan, he's been obsessed with leaving Santa notes taped all over our house lately. The other day during bathtime we had this conversation:

Mom: Ryan, who wrote all over your belly with pen?
Ryan: Jesus did it!
Mom: No! Who did it?
Ryan: Santa!

Don't ask me where they get this stuff! All Gavin says is "Ryan", "Thank you" and "Julie" so that doesn't make for very entertaining conversation!

4 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

Home Schoold!!!!? I love it! Hilarious! And for the record, Gavin's "Jujee," is very entertaining! :)

Julie said...

Aawww - wish he was saying "Julie" for me but it's good practice!

merathon said...

that is hilarious. home school? what???

whenever i remind my girls that Jesus and Heavenly Father can see them make bad choices even if i can't, they always have to pipe in, "and SANTA!"

yea, it is much more concerning that Santa can see them. . .nice.

Christina said...

I have a dream that all the kids in the world could be home schoold :)

Lu spent the entire month of December puzzling over Santa. "Do you *really* think he lives in the North Pole?" "Do you *really* think he can get to everyone's house in one night?" We got through Christmas and I thought we'd made it. Then last month, after studying the Arctic Circle she comes up to me and says, "I don't really think there's a Santa." "Really? Who do you think brings you presents on Christmas morning?" "I think it's you and Dad." I promise, I'll keep her away from her cousins!