Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things!


Family, Food, Disneyland, Friends, and more Food! Can a girl's birthday get any better than that!

Last year I took the kids to a scrumptious buffet breakfast at Disneyland for my birthday, and we had so much fun(except for Ben who cries whenever a character walks out and wipes his head after they touch him like it was the touch of death) that I decided it was going to be my annual birthday tradition. So yesterday we loaded up the car early and headed off to the "Happiest Place on Earth".

My kids chow on breakfast food...as do I...so even though it's expensive I think we get our money's worth. Strawberry topped cinnamon french toast, Mickey Mouse shaped waffles, fluffy scrambled eggs and hash browns topped off with a little ketchup - all while slapping high fives with Tigger and playing Peek a Boo with Captain Hook. Is there any better way to start your morning? MMmmmm, it was so delish!

During breakfast I got a call from a friend who had seen my husband at the chiropractor and told him she and a friend were headed over to Disneyland. He told her I was there and an hour later instead of 1 mom and 3 kids (me) we were 3 moms and 9 kids (all 5 and under)! We got some funny looks but had a blast! I was so glad not to be alone and Emma was glad to get to ride a few roller coasters since there was more than one adult around. I rode Thunder Mountain and while screaming my guts out was thinking what a great birthday I was having.

After we played hard at Disney we got home, got a babysitter, and then I got a special treat of going out to dinner with my husband! During tax season no less. We went to a yummy seafood restaurant and I stuffed myself with grilled shrimp, scallops, and lobster.

So there you have it. I started and ended my day with my favorite things - eating yummy food and being with the people I love. Today I got my house cleaned and Saturday I have a spa day planned with girlfriends so it's like a week long birthday bash. Now if someone could just convince Ben to sleep past 5:00 am my world would be complete!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day....the picture is great and it sounds like perfection! So nice to have someone else cook for you once, let alone twice in one day!

Jodi