Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random - ness

This weekend is the General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Every six months we have a worldwide conference where our prophet, apostles, and other church leaders speak. Last year, I was emailed this awesome packet of activities for my kids to do during conference that helped them pay attention and have fun at the same time. They loved it. Here it is for you to download: Conference Packet. Thanks for the link Natalie C.

Yesterday Emma told me she wished she had brown skin because everyone at school has brown skin. She wanted to know why they have brown skin and she doesn't. We had a little talk about how God created us all different, their mom's and dad's have brown skin and that's why they have brown skin etc. She's still determined that brown skin is prettier and she's bummed that she doesn't have it. At least she's over being a "late bird". She was convinced she was late to school everyday because she was walking into a classroom full of kids and she was called a "late bird". One morning she said "mom, we have to stop reading books before school because I am always late!" I had to explain to her that she was supposed to be "late" and was actually there one time. It's funny to navigate the English language through a child's eyes.

Ben likes to throw himself down and yell at the top of his lungs "owwwww!" like he's in excruciating pain. It's great when he does this at church, right outside the primary room, when the door is open, because I won't let him play with the water fountain. I just smile hoping people understand that no, I'm not mortally wounding my child as I'm carrying him down the hall practically upside down as he throws himself backwards screaming "owwwwww!!!".

I just found spellcheck on blogger! Yeah! For some reason I could never get it to work on our wordpress account. Now you will never have to endure misspelled words from me again because I am a terrible speller!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum, they look good. We have our first cloudy, maybe rainy day today here in Northern CA. It is still going to be 70 though. This weekend is Homecoming and SAT for Elizabeth so it will be busy. Funny about the late bird thing. At her last school "late" was a big deal, so no wonder she is worried.
GrandmaH