Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday

Yeah! It's Friday. After a week like this one I need to celebrate something so I'm celebrating Friday. We are all feeling the end of school year blues around here. The weather is warming up, the pool is beckoning, and we are ready to be done. Only another month and a half that will hopefully fly by. The summer plans are pretty much set and I'm getting excited at the thoughts of lazy summer days.

On a different note, I have a heavy heart this week as a good friend of mine just discovered she has colon cancer that has spread to her liver and ovaries. She is just 35 and has two small children at home and the news was absolutely devastating. She's in the hospital now and we'll find out soon what the prognosis is but it's not looking too good at the moment. Please keep her family in your prayers her name is Vann. I'm praying daily, no hourly, for my lovely friend. She is one of the finest, just a sweet, sweet lady and deserves a miracle in her life. Learning news like this really puts into perspective the little things in life. I've snuggled a little more with my children this week, been a little nicer, and tried to slow down a bit and remember the purpose of my life and what's important.

1 comment:

Qwendykay said...

I will pray for your friend. Cancer is devastating, and I'm so sorry to hear this news.

We have 10 days left of school.. are you jealous?