Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Milestones

Emma has hit some big milestones this year that I keep meaning to write about. She is so excited about them. She has learned to blow a bubble with bubble gum, tie her own shoes (I'll admit this is the first year I've bought her shoes with laces, that's called lazy parenting), whistle, and is almost riding a bike. Most of the time she is challenged at doing them by her little brothers so I know she could have done many of them earlier since they are doing them but that's what she gets for being the oldest :). She'll be riding a bike at six and Ben will be riding one at 3 I can guarantee it. Anyway, it is so fun to see kids hit milestones and celebrate along with them as they feel so accomplished.

I had a fabulous weekend in San Fransisco with a old high school girlfriend. We hung around the city all day shopping and reminiscing (SF used to be my old stomping grounds in high school, it was the nearest big city to me and we used to go there all the time) and then we finished up the night with a night at the theatre and saw Wicked which was a fabulous play. I couldn't even believe the nice break it was to be away from the kids for a couple of days. I love my job of being a full time mom but whew is it tiring :). Just sitting on the airplane for an hour by myself was a luxury. I had so much time to sit and think and relax. Every time I have a night away I remember that I need to do it more often but don't seem to get around to it.

I have summer on my mind and can't get it off. I feel like it's Christmas Eve. Yesterday Emma's teacher sent out and email saying there was no more homework for the rest of the year. Emma started dancing a jig and yip-eeing all over the living room and I felt like jumping up and joining her. With all of our summer plans I can already tell that it's going to fly by though and I'll be sitting her next year at this same time before I know it looking forward to summer again. Awww, the circle of life.

2 comments:

Qwendykay said...

We had to take Mr. Boy to Shoe Tying class at Nordstroms this year. I tried and tried but couldn't teach him. Ok.. I tried once.. and then learned about shoe tying class. (It's free.) Can I make you jealous.. 2 more days of school for Mr. Boy. AK finished on Friday.

Put on your list a trip to the LA zoo(I have the deluxe pass, so your whole family is free, and a hike at our house!

We miss you! and I'm heading to SF next week!

Alice said...

Moncler Boots Women
Moncler Kids
Moncler Kids Sale
Moncler Men Coats
Moncler Men Jackets
Moncler Men T-Shirt
Moncler Men Vests
Moncler Scarf&Caps
Moncler Sweater Men
Moncler Sweater Women
Moncler Women Coats
Moncler Women Jackets
Moncler Women Vests