Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trying to keep track

Today at church Ben took off his socks and shoes. I was trying to convince him to put his socks back and because we needed to wear them at church. He said "mom, God didn't make socks". What do I say to that?

Yesterday Emma asked me if she could have "a buck" for garage sailing.

Jacob asks me every night "mom, do you like how I behaved today?" He really is such a good kid and so eager to please.

Every day my kids say things I want to have recorded forever but it seems the next day they have fleeted from my already overwhelmed brain. I never want to forget the feel of smushy toddler cheeks and giant squeezey hugs. The triumph of NO MORE DIAPERS....YEAH. All three fully potty trained now and it feels like such a milestone. I think I've been changing diapers for 7 years now. I know many have gone a lot more years than that but boy it seems like forever. Jacob's determined face when he runs the bases in Tball. He takes his sports very seriously. He told me this week he wants to be a hockey player when he grows up. Yikes.

I don't keep a daily journal as I ought. I always think I'll do it on her to record every precious moment of motherhood but tired eyes always seem to trump recording the days events. I love the daily failures and successes of motherhood. It's just hard to try and keep track of it all sometimes. Hopefully its stored somewhere of that brain of mine and I'll always be able to remember.

No comments: