Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A little late

That's me this Christmas...a little late on everything. Actually, that's me this whole YEAR! I feel like I'm always two steps behind trying to catch up. I noticed I still have a Halloween picture as the last entry on the blog and it's almost Christmas! No mention of Thanksgiving and thankfulness or upcoming Christmas fun. Two steps behind...I don't even have a tree yet! Can you believe it! I usually get my tree as soon as the the turkey is gone and the leftover cranberries are washed down the sink. I got sick the day after thanksgiving this year and that put me down for a week. On top of that my house has been partly under construction by my dad and it's been rainingn so it's just been hard to get out and get a tree. Now I'm four steps behind on Christmas and two steps on the rest of life. Oh well...

I sent Dave to get a tree with the kids last night and they came home empty handed. Apparently if you wait until a week before Christmas all they have left are 3 ft trees or 9 ft trees. And since I asked him to get a 5 or 6 ft tree he came home with none since he NEVER deviates from what I tell him to do. Honestly at this point I would have been happy with a 3 footer. I'm taking an easy approach to Christmas this year. Since it's a sort duration my tree will actually be up now I wouldn't mind a little one.

I've been enjoying all the Christmas cards immensly - thank you to all of you who are way more on top of things than myself and already mailed them. I may get mine out next week sometime. I do have them...I just have to mail them. It's so fun catching up at least once year with those who live far away. One thing I love about Christmas. Rekindling old friendships. I also love Christmas movies - we've been watching one a day thanks to TIVO and ABC family. I love Christmas crafts - we've also been doing one a day. It's actually cold here right now and we've had several days of rain so it feels even more like Christmas! We actually had hot chocolate the other day and have to wear sweaters and shoes to go outside! I love it! I love decorating for Christmas. I love it so much I've just been doing a little bit each day. Usually I do one day of decorating with the tree, the house etc. Since I don't have a tree yet that hasn't happened. I still have Pumpkins on my porch and a scarecrow out front underneath the Christmas lights (which I did get put up all by myself thank you very much). I plan on stashing away the rest of the Thanksgiving stuff today and going out on a hunt for the perfect-whatever-is-left-on-the-lot tree. I have to say - it's been a little nice going slow this season.

I don't know if I'll be back before Christmas or not so if not - Merry Christmas friends!

No comments: