Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why I Love This Kid



Tonight at bedtime:
I start tucking Jacob in, but then he remembered he forgot to brush his teeth. We go and do that and on the way back to his room I say "why don't you go kneel down and say your prayers and I'll just watch by the door" (I usually kneel down with him but I was oh so tired tonight and trying to take a shortcut.) I mentioned the fact that he was getting older and could start doing that on his own. His response "but mom, I'm the same years old as I was before so I still want you to come in". How can I argue with that.

During his prayer:
"Please bless everyone that they will sleep good tonight, except the robbers and the bad guys, don't bless them to sleep good, but bless the good guys that they will sleep good. Bless the poor people that might have to sleep on the ground because it's hard, please bless that they can sleep good and make the ground not so hard for them".

No comments: