Friday, August 29, 2008

Inhale - oooooo, exhale - ahhhhhh, Inhale - ooooooo, Exhale - ahhhhhhh. Inhale - oooooo, exhale - ahhhhhhh.

That's the sound of me breathing again, albeit from the bottom of many large boxes. I finally have internet again!!! Yeah!! I won't even go into the story of the internet connection - no,no - the story of flooded toliets, flooded hallway from leaking air conditioner, and flooded Laundrey room, Dining room, and Family room from a broken washing machine hose is much more exciting. That's been our week. I haven't done much unpacking amidst trying to get service people coordinated, phone service hooked up, keeping the kids off of carpet that is pulled up all over the house (new carpet that is) drying out, and rescuing wet boxes from the diluged areas of the house. This first week in our new house has been quite an adventure.

We've already met several neighbors though who have brought over cookies, phone numbers, etc. and who are all just great! Once we do an excorsism on the plumbing here everything is going to be great

5 comments:

Natalie C. said...

Oh that is so stressful. I hope it all passes & gets solved quickly. (I've been there before with flooding. Not fun.)

Anna Linnea said...

I love your new blog! It sounds like you are having adventures with the new house. You will love living in a single family home though. How is life in VA?

Angie said...

Hi! I’m a research assistant currently doing research at Brigham Young University on the use and influence of mommy blogs and found your blog to be one of the top fifty blogs that came up from an online search. I’m looking to find out generally the characteristics of those whose blogs are identified in the top fifty blogs. Can I email you a quick demographic survey? Sorry I have to post this as a comment. I don’t see your email address anywhere. Feel free to email me if you don’t want to post it.
Thanks for your time! And for your blog work!
-Angie Fisher

Jenny said...

angie. feel free to email me at djerard_ca at yahoo.com.

Angie said...

Thanks!